Joined Firm: 2015
Year of qualification (Solicitor, Queensland, Australia): 2008
Year of qualification (The Bar of Maldives): 2011
Suha is a registered legal practitioner in Queensland, Australia, who is also licensed to practice in the Maldives. She holds a Bachelor of Creative Industries (Media & Communication) / Bachelor of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology in Australia and a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne in Australia. In 2014, Suha co-founded the Family Legal Clinic, which is one of the first pro bono legal clinics in the Maldives, offering assistance in the areas of both family law and domestic violence law.
Suha has worked in private practice since 2008 and joined Shah, Hussain & Co in 2015. During this time, she has worked with both domestic and international clients in various areas of law, including corporate and commercial law, banking and finance, tourism, employment and labour law, dispute resolution as well as human rights and gender law.
Her relevant experience includes:
- Acting as one of the principal counsel for a major party tendering for the Malé international airport privatization project.
- Advising major international banks on lending for large-scale tourism projects.
- Advising private companies and individuals on various corporate and commercial matters and corporate litigation.
- Advising corporations and individuals in the Maldives on employment and labor law matters.
- Drafting various types of commercial contracts including security documents.
- Acting as counsel to foreign-owned enterprises and handling their respective foreign investments in the Maldives, including initial set-up and establishment of a local presence, and on-going commercial and company administrative matters.
- Conducting research into new and relatively untested areas of law.
Banking and Finance
Tourism and Leisure
Corporate and Commercial
T +960 3333 644
F +960 331 5453
6th Floor, Aage’,
12 Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Henveiru,
Male’ 200094, Maldives