Joined Firm: 2014
Year of qualification (The Bar of Maldives): 2014
Junaina advises foreign investors seeking to conduct business in the Maldives, with respect to Maldives’ legal and regulatory framework. She has also advised international consulting and financial advisory corporations on commercial matters pertaining to financial regulations and investments in the Maldives. Currently, she is part of a legal team advising a leading international resort operator with respect to employment matters. Prior to joining Shah, Hussain & Co., Junaina has worked with the Maldives’ Attorney General’s Office and Prosecutor General’s Office, and is therefore well-informed in the area of public law.
Junaina holds an LL.B with Honours from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom; and is also qualified to practice law in Maldivian Courts of Law.
Her relevant recent experience includes:-
- Advising a public company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with a secondary listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange, and advising on corporate matters;
- Advising a China-based multinational full-service construction company, a subsidiary of a Global Fortune 500 Company, in respect of commercial matters and foreign investments;
- Advised an international consulting corporation on Maldives incorporation structure and relevant commercial matters;
- Advising a Maldives state-owned enterprise on contractual matters relating to a foreign investment in to the enterprise;
- Advising a Sri-Lankan based subsidiary of a UK company with respect to incorporation and conducting business in the Maldives;
- Conducting research for a UK-based non-profit foundation, regarding Maldives regulatory framework, and advised on incorporating a branch in the Maldives.
- Banking and Finance
- Tourism and Leisure
- Real Estate
- Foreign Investments
- Corporate and Commercial
T +960 3333 644
F +960 331 5453
6th Floor, Aage’,
12 Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Henveiru,
Male’ 20094, Maldives