LL.B (Hons) (London, UK), LL.M (London, UK), Solicitor (England & Wales)
Joined Firm: 2008
Partner Since: 2008
Year of qualification (Solicitor, England and Wales): 2003
Asma is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, with a Masters of law in International Business Law. Before moving to the Maldives, she advised maritime insurance giants, Steamship Mutual and UK P&I Club, whilst working in two global law firms in the City of London.
Her professional approach continues to serve the needs of her diverse global client base, including the Hitachi Plant Technologies (Japan and India) and the World Bank. She is on-going retained counsel regularly advising world-renowned Maldives island resorts on corporate, commercial and operational issues. She is also well-versed in public-private partnership projects and has recently acted for multinational clients with foreign investment interests involving the Male’ International Airport and the Male’ Water and Sewerage Company.
Her relevant recent experience includes:-
- Acting for Hitachi Plant Technologies (Japan) in its acquisition of shares in a public utility company in the Maldives;
- Advising a China-based multinational full-service construction company, a subsidiary of a Global Fortune 500 Companies, in respect of foreign investments relating to infrastructure development projects;
- Counsel to a public company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with a secondary listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange, and advising on corporate matters;
- On-going adviser to Maldives’ seaplane company on various commercial contracts;
- Retained counsel on corporate, commercial, operational and employment issues for five-star world class luxury establishments managed by internationally-renowned hotel operators;
- Counsel to numerous foreign-owned enterprises and handling their respective foreign investments in the Maldives, including initial set-up and establishment of a local presence, and on-going commercial and corporate matters.
Public/ Private Partnership Projects
Tourism and Aviation
Banking and Finance
Shipping and International Trade
T +960 3333 644
F +960 331 5453
6th Floor, Aage’,
12 Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Henveiru,
Male’ 200094, Maldives